I just thought i would start this post for all you "newbies" out there that are looking to get started in WHOLESALING properties, this will BRIEFLY explain what "TOOLS" are needed when you have the formula, marketing, and contracts down pat. This will help when your looking to actually going out into the field.
1) DIGITAL CAMERA: You are going to NEED a camera to take pictures of vacant distressed properties as you drive through neighborhoods. You will also need to take pictures as you meet sellers to look at properties, other investors will want to see what your trying to Assign.
2) SMALL, DRY ERASABLE BOARD: When you see a house you like, you'll want to write the address down on the board. Then, raise it up and take a picture of the house, so you have the address and property on 1 photo. That way you dont need to keep a notebook.
3) FLASHLIGHT: This is a DEFINITE MUST, cause many vacant or other properties dont have electricity or are boarded up.
4) CELL PHONE/FAX LINE: Fax hook-up is important because you'll be faxing contracts to the title companys and sellers who are out of town. Cell phone is another MUST, you can figure that one out on your own.
5) BUSINESS CARDS: Absolute, Absolute, MUST. Make sure your business cards are NOT boring and look interesting, you want to be remembered by the seller.
6) These are just a few that have come to mind, hope this helps, CLASS DISMISSED, SULLY
YOUR HERO, SULLY