Here is a list of items that you may want to consider when finding comparables for properties. Keep in mind this information does not work in all areas and does not work the same for every property.
- The properties should have been sold, not for sale, in last 3-8 months.
- The Square footage of the comparables should be similar plus or minus a few hundred square feet.
- The number of bedrooms should be the same the property you are looking at.
- The number of bathrooms should be similar to the property you are looking at. I go a minus 1/2 bath sometimes though.
- You should have similar age comparables, similar type of property and similar lot size.
- Lastly and least important depending on the style of house. The amenities should be similar.
Follow this and you should end up with good comparables. Makes sure you get copies of the comparables so you know you are getting the right information.
If you would like the chance to work with me or one of my fellow real estate investor coaches and our advanced training programs, give us a call anytime to see if Dean's Real Estate Success Academy and our customized curriculum is a fit for you. Call us at 1-877-219-1474 ext. 125