Hi all! I need some more experienced investors to let me know if I'm right to be frustrated, or maybe if I'm expecting too much from my agent.
We have a real estate agent to help us with our first investment property - a 4-plex REO apartment building in our hometown. We thought we were pretty clear that we were 100% interested, just waiting a little bit to gather up some capital and let it age some more. I call the agent last Friday to check in and see if anything's up, and she casually comments that there was an offer in on them. WAIT - shouldn't she have told us that right when she heard it - not as an off-hand remark when I call in? So, we tell her that we're going to put our offer in then, and she lets us know that she won't be around that weekend because she's going to visit her daughter. Okay, everyone is entitled to their weekend, no problem. I email her details over the weekend, anxiously await MOnday morning, finally call her at noon, and she's not even LEFT her daughter's to head back to our town yet!
Long story short, here it is Tuesday night, and we STILL don't have our offer in. Am I unrealistic to think that it shouldn't take this long?? I called her nearly two hours ago and she was "almost there" - going to have it faxed to us to sign within 30 minutes. do I call her back and interrupt and bug her more, or what? This isn't a complicated deal or anything - pretty much boilerplate.
I'm excited about the deal, but getting frustrated about the delays.
So, am I right to be annoyed, or am I expecting too much? THANKS!