My wife, Stacey and I were watching televsion last night and I was flipping through the channels. We saw Dean's program on and we began to think back only a few short months ago when we wanted to make a change in our lives and we decided to purchase Dean's book. I ordered the "Profit form Real Estate Right Now!" and I would call her daily from work to see if the package arrived, I could not wait to get it!
We thought back to Day #1. This was a great day because we were so excited to get Dean's book and start. We wanted a change in our lives, we needed a change in our lives. We opened the box and the book looked like a treasure map. We just had to figure out the best approach to read the map and understand what it was telling us.
For Day # 1 a plan may be to:
- identify and remember the "WHY" you ordered the book
- determine your goal for finish reading the book
- determine a way to use the book as a reference
- determine the best way for you to take notes
- reread chapters or concepts you have questions on
- highlight important areas
- keep a separate notebook for ideas, additiona lnotes of questions
- use the DG website to further discuss questions with other DG Members
- after you read the book determine your areas of focus such as assignments, short sales, foreclosures, REOs, lease options, etc.
- self stick tabs to tab pages of the book
- notebook and pen
- good lighting and a comfortable chair
A key point here is everyone needs to take an approach that works for them when reading the book. You may want to create a goal and an action plan of how to read the book. Such as reading and understanding at least one chapter per day. Sometimes when you read a chapter it is important to reread a chapter to fully grasp what you have read. I read some parts 3 to 4 times to truly understand the entire concept.
A helpful point might be to take little self stick tabs and tab the sections that you want to reference back to. For example, I tabbed page 164 and wrote on the tab "Assignments" to quickly reference back to assignments when I had a question.
Well, Day # 1 is a huge day for you! Congratulations on taking the step forward and wanting to create a difference in your life! You can do this! Believe and Achieve! - Joe
YOU TUBE CHANNEL - Follow me on my You Tube Channel at Joe Jurek Real Estate Investing Adventures
TWITTER - Follow me on Twitter at Joe Jurek CPA
Joe Jurek CPA