I was a bit hesitate to do this but I think this will assist in keeping me accountable.
On 01/30/2009, I joined DG Success Academy (with some trepidation). I suppose the trepidation is putting my money where my 'heart' is. I must succeed in this and if I need the financial commitment to motivate me then so be it. I received my login info on 02/02/2009 and I have gone through the overview and the first course.
My pending action items are:
- 1. registering a business - I will wait until I have done my first deal to pay for this
2. getting business cards - same reason as above. The delay is not for financial reasons but to ensure that the business name I select will be available for use.
My current action items are:
- 1. Writing my goals for 3mths, 6mths, 12mths, 3 yrs, 5 yrs. - This is proving to be more difficult. I don't want to write wishful ideas and yet I don't want to write something that I believe is unachievable. I know this roadblock is just my state of thinking which I am working on changing. It may be easier to do the 3/6/12 month goals which will link in with the burning desire I have to get rid of the current financial debts that we owe.
2. Join a local real estate investment club. I have identified 2 possible clubs in the Austin/surrounding areas that meet once month. I am nervous about attending. The newbie feeling is always awkward! I will scope out the locations so that I will at least know where I am suppose to be and be ready to attend next month.
3. Select a handful of quality Realtors to work with. Now that is a challenge in itself REIC hopefully will get me some decent leads but I have to get started before I go there.
4. Determine the areas I want to invest in based on specific research. Ideally the realtors who will be willing to work with me will provide insight in this area but I have to come up with my own list.
5. Identify some possible properties.
WHEW! This list seems simple and straight forward but it is taking me out of my comfort zone kicking and screaming.
I should not move to the next course until I have accomplished these items so I will post next week to provide update on my progress.
If anyone else has recently started the Success Academy (within the last 2 weeks) please contact me, particularly if you are in Austin, TX. We can buddy up and support each other.
Take care all.