Coming in as a runner up has really lit a fire under my tail and I am more amped than ever to get this thing started. I thought I would get on here and document some of the things I am doing for a few reasons.
1. I want to look back and see all the things that I have done and how they worked out.
2. I also want to document for others what worked for me and what didnt and maybe something I did to change up a strategy.
3. I would also like to offer tips once in a while with things that have been successful.
So here goes a short version of the things I have done in the past 6 weeks or so and the success I have seen from them.
1. The very first thing I did was read the book!!! Cover to cover. I highlighted pages and I took notes.
2. After reading the book I took action and set up my phone line. I can read all the books I want, even watch all the flipping shows I want, but nothing will come out of it If I dont take action and follow what the book says. So my first step was to set up the phone line. I set up all the extensions right away. Im not sure if I can post my phone number up here, but if anyone is interested they can PM me and I will give them the number and you can call and hear it for yourself. I admit I sound funny, but overall people seemed to have enjoyed the message.
3. I started making fliers and brochures. I made fliers using a template in my computer to attract home buyers. I used the bankruptcy message from the book, the one you are supposed to use for the phone line and I wrote it all out and turned it into the form of a brochure (also using a template on my computer).
4. I took the fliers to places like gyms, laundromats, apartment complexes, I attached them to the apartment finders.
I took the brochures to Credit Counseling Centers in my area.
5. I emailed about 65 Real Estate agents using emails I found on Real Estate Forums. Until I found the one I liked. I had a huge call back from the agents.
6. I sent out emails to about 15 mortgage brokers in my area. Not much success here, I need to fax some others I think.
7. I started looking at houses off the MSO and looked into the REO's
8. I placed an ad in our Thrifty Nickel. Actually two ads, one looking for buyers, and one looking for foreclosures.
The results have been absolutely, nothing short of amazing!! So far I have found a decent REA who sends listings right to me. Its good to keep an open line of communication with your REA even if you're not buying at the moment. Let him know you are working on your end too. Send him emails of the ads you are running so that he knows you are just as serious as he.
Today I got a couple of phone calls from people looking for houses. These people left messages. One of them seems to fit my criteria.
After reading the book I am heavily considering doing the Auction method first. This is no money down and I think I have an open opportunity to try it. This is because I have told everyone I know that I am investing and people have come to me with their suggestions and people they know.
Well thats it for now. I hope this may help people get started. My suggestion, start with the phone line first. Once thats up, everything else picks up!
There are a million reasons why you CAN'T do something. You need to find the one reason you CAN, and run with that!