This is new for me. I never thought about keeping a journal, but decided to anyway.
I am giving it another go. I failed in the past because I was not properly prepared. Thanks to Deans two books, Profit Now and Your Town, I am in a position to really get going.
This forum and community also helps in a huge way. Here is what I have done so far.
1. Read the books and decided to focus on probate properties and bread and butter type homes, 3/2, 1500 to 2200 square feet homes in blue collar nighborhoods.
2. Looked in the real estate section of the yellow pages under real estate consultants and similar categories and called several. Found out they buy deals and started a relationship.
3. Took a hard look at my finances and decided which techniques I need to use to get started.
4. Picked up a real estate property book at the grocery store and called realtors who specialize in investment property and begun a relationship.
5. Set a time frame of 30 days to buy and close on my first property.
This is a start for me and I am sure I will have alot more to add as time goes on.