Here are some tips for following up with your sellers list.
• Rule #1: Add sellers to the list immediately upon contact or there will be no one to follow up with. Make sure you ask for contact information each time you speak with someone. Make it a habit.
• Follow up once a week if someone is looking to sell within 1 – 2 months.
• Follow up every two weeks for those wanting to sell within 2 - 4 months.
• Follow up once a month with people who want to sell within 5 – 12 months.
• For variety, you can follow up via phone, email or direct mail piece. These methods are covered in detail later in the lesson.
• Use a ranking system to mark their level of motivation, perhaps a scale of 1 – 5, with 1 being highest.
• If you are not available to answer calls, you should have a professional phone message that prompts them to leave a detailed message.
• Consider a toll-free number to encourage long distance prospects to call and to add a degree of professionalism. More on toll-free numbers will be discussed alter in the guide.
If you would like the chance to work with me or one of my fellow real estate investor coaches and our advanced training programs, give us a call anytime to see if Dean's Real Estate Success Academy and our customized curriculum is a fit for you. Call us at 1-877-219-1474 ext. 125