In some areas, investors may be offered the opportunity to bid down the ownership when buying tax lien certificates. It is not a favorable method of bidding for most investors. As the bidding gets lower, the investor will ultimately receive less of a percentage of the property (and the profits), making it the most undesirable of all bidding methods. For instance, if a bidder bids 80% ownership, they will in turn only own 80% of the property, and only be entitled to 80% of the profits later on if it is sold on the retail market. The state keeps the other 20%.
If you would like the chance to work with me or one of my fellow real estate investor coaches and our advanced training programs, give us a call anytime to see if Dean's Real Estate Success Academy and our customized curriculum is a fit for you. Call us at 1-877-219-1474 ext. 125