Did you know that you already have everything you need to make the best investment of your life? No, we’re not talking about investing in stocks. We’re talking about investing in you. The most important investment you can ever make is in bettering yourself — and that’s where personal development comes in.
Personal development is a way to assess your skills and qualities, consider your aims in life and set goals to reach your full potential. Successful people use personal development as a way to elevate themselves and their businesses. However, if you want to elevate your life, you have to leave the shelter of your comfort zone behind.
That’s right, the journey of self-improvement will push you out of your comfort zone. And do you know what lies outside of your safe space? Your best self! You can begin to explore all the world has to offer when you start investing in yourself.
To stay inspired throughout your self-growth journey, take a look at these 50 personal development quotes.
50 Personal Development Quotes for Your Journey
Personal development is a marathon, not a race — meaning it can take some time to reach your ultimate best self. If you’re on the hunt for self-improvement quotes to motivate your personal development journey, look no further. We’ve got you covered with these 50 self-help quotes for personal development!
Inspirational Quotes About Self-Development
Self-development can be a lifelong process, but it all starts by taking the first step towards a better you. Stay inspired with these quotes about self-development.
1. “The best project you’ll ever work on is you.” ― Dean Graziosi
2. “Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time and energy needed to develop yourself.” ― Denis Waitley
3. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
5. “Even if your dream seems unattainable, you can achieve it if you stay focused, driven and diligent.” ― Rebecca Minkoff
6. “If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.” ― Jim Rohn
7. “It is the small decisions you and I make every day that create our destiny.” ― Tony Robbins
8. “When you exude confidence, others will naturally follow you. Once you have built that self-confidence, make it your priority to lead by example.” ― Kendra Scott
9. “Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” ― Brian Tracy
10. “The ultimate expression of power is self control.” ― Dean Graziosi
11. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” ― Maya Angelou
12. “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” ― James Anthony Froude
13. “Think for yourself, or others will think for you without thinking of you.” ― Henry David Thoreau
14. “Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own.” ― Bruce Lee
15. “If you learn only methods, you’ll be tied to your methods, but if you learn principles you can devise your own methods.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. “Believe in yourself and you’ll be unstoppable.” ― Dean Graziosi
17. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” ― Paulo Coelho
18. “Income seldom exceeds personal development.” ― Jim Rohn
19. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” ― Mary Kay Ash
20. “Don’t dream about success; get up and work for it.” ― Dean Graziosi
Personal Growth Quotes to Maintain a Positive Mindset
A positive mindset is key to investing in your best self. After all, how can you be the best version of you if you have a negative attitude? Power your positivity with these personal growth quotes.
21. “There are two primary choices in life: To accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” ― Denis Waitley
22. “Failing is a crucial part of success. Every time you fail and get back up, you practice perseverance, which is the key to life. Your strength comes in your ability to recover.” ― Michelle Obama
23. ‘”To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
24. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” ― Jim Rohn
25. “That’s all we’re supposed to do in this world and in this life: Reach for our full potential each and every day. You’re not supposed to be me or Bill Gates or Peyton Manning or Oprah or anybody else. You’re simply supposed to be the best possible you.” ― Dean Graziosi
26. “Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you. Instead give to yourself that which empowers you.” ― Les Brown
27. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” ― Carrie Fisher
28. “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.” ― Confucius
29. “Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.” ―The Buddha
30. “As the physically weak man can make himself strong by careful and patient training, so the man of weak thoughts can make them strong by exercising himself in right thinking.” ― James Allen
31. “Do whatever you’re doing the best you can, knowing there’s a bigger horizon.” ― Dean Graziosi
32. “Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live” ― Mae Jemison
33. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” ― Stephen Covey
34. “It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.” ― Zig Ziglar
35. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” ― Napoleon Hill
Motivational Self-Growth Quotes to Bring Opportunities Your Way
Want to bring more opportunities for growth your way? Try harnessing the law of attraction. These quotes can help put you in a growth mindset to attract new opportunities and conquer whatever comes your way.
36. “Once you know where you want to go, you can start taking action steps towards the best year of your life, which will evolve into the best 10 years of your life, and ultimately to the best rest of your life.” ― Dean Graziosi
37. “You are essentially who you create yourself to be and all that occurs in your life is the result of your own making.” ― Stephen Richards
38. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” ― Albert Einstein
39. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ― Helen Keller
40. “Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can.” ― Zig Ziglar
41. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
42. “Life is short, Break the Rules. Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably And never regret ANYTHING That makes you smile.” – Mark Twain
43. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” – Eckhart Tolle
44. “All successful men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.” ― Brian Tracy
45. “It’s easy to kill an idea with a no, but the smartest people in the room learn how to say yes and make it work.” ― Lisa Gersh
46. “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” ― Abraham Maslow
47. “The swiftest way to triple your success is to double your investment in personal development.” ― Robin Sharma
48. “Expect change. Analyze the landscape. Take the opportunities. Stop being the chess piece; become the player. It’s your move.” ― Tony Robbins
49. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” ― Oprah Winfrey
50. “Successful people, whether they’re working for somebody else or working for themselves, do whatever they do to the best of their ability ― as if the boss is watching them every minute of every day.” ― Dean Graziosi
Make Your First Investment in the Best Years of Your Life
Your best investment will never be monetary or material things — your best investment will always be in yourself. Don’t wait another day to unlock your full potential. Use these inspiring personal development to get started on the best you right now.
Did you find a new favorite personal development quote in today’s blog?
Send it over to Dean’s personal cell phone by texting 480-400-9019 today!