Personal development always starts with solid self-awareness, or the ability to understand your thoughts, emotions and core values. If you’re serious about becoming a better you, the first step is to know exactly where you stand with yourself. Examine your thoughts, emotions and values, and see how they impact your behavior. From there, you can begin to work on the areas of your life that you’d like to improve — from your mental health or self-confidence to self-knowledge.
Stick with your self-improvement goals for the long-haul by prioritizing the aspects of your personal development that you want to work on. Once you understand which areas of your life you’d like to improve, you can set SMART goals to help you get there. SMART goals are goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timely. Detailed goals like these can help form a road map to the best version of you.
Remember, self-improvement is not a change that occurs overnight. More often than not, it takes months, years or even decades to reach the state of personal development you’re dreaming of. Instead of getting discouraged by the time investment, focus on the little things you can do each day that feed into your long-term goals.
One way to stay inspired to stick to your personal development goals is with self-improvement quotes.
50 of the Best Self-Improvement Quotes to Power Your Development
Looking for inspiring quotes to help you stick with your goal of creating a better life? You’ve come to the right place. Take a look at these self-improvement quotes to power your personal development!
Motivational Quotes to Encourage You to Work on Yourself
1. “Don’t dream about success; get up and work for it.” ― Dean Graziosi
2. “To dream by night is to escape your life. To dream by day is to make it happen.” ― Stephen Richards
3. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” ― Maya Angelou
4. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” ― Carl R. Rogers
6. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” ― Aldous Huxley
7. “By shifting certain habits in your life, you will allow abundance and prosperity to flow to you in ways that might seem impossible at this moment.” ― Dean Graziosi
8. “Failing is a crucial part of success. Every time you fail and get back up, you practice perseverance, which is the key to life. Your strength comes in your ability to recover.” ― Michelle Obama
9. “The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.” ― Marie Kondo
10. “The power you have is to be the best version of yourself you can be, so you can create a better world.” ― Ashley Rickards
Self-Change and Personal Growth Quotes
11. “My friend…care for your psyche…know thyself, for once we know ourselves, we may learn how to care for ourselves.” ― Socrates
12. “Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you — yourself.” ― Sanhita Baruah
13. “You create opportunities by performing, not complaining.” ― Muriel Siebert
14. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.” ― Bernice Johnson Reagon
15. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ― Confucius
16. “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything.” ― Mary Hemingway
17. “If we didn’t have the struggles that we have had, the challenges, and the pushes, we would never develop our character.” ― Dean Graziosi
18. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ― George Bernard Shaw
19. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” ― Steve Maraboli
20. “Stay committed and consistent and you will achieve your goals. Never give up.” ― Kelly Rowland
21. “Pain doesn’t last. And when it’s gone, we have something to show for it: Growth.” ― Kamal Ravikant
22. “The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.” ― Kiran Desai
23. “I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.” ― Brian Tracy
24. “When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” ― Paulo Coelho
25. “The best project you’ll ever work on is you.” ― Dean Graziosi
26. “Decide whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying.” ― Amelia Earhart
27. “Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion.” ― Oprah Winfrey
28. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” ― Dale Carnegie
29. “Figure out what you’re passionate about and do whatever it takes to make it happen.” ― Dean Graziosi
30. “Practice creates confidence. Confidence empowers you.” ― Simone Biles
Inspirational Quotes About Leaving Your Comfort Zone
31. “If you just make safe choices, you never really grow.” ― Dean Graziosi
32. “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” ― Roy T. Bennett
33. “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” ― Mark Twain
34. “Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.” ― Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
35. “A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is not what it is built for.” ― Albert Einstein
36. “I have realized; it is during the times I am far outside my element that I experience myself the most. That I see and feel who I really am, the most!” ― C. JoyBell C.
37. “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” ― Ginni Rometty
38. “Coming out of your comfort zone is tough in the beginning, chaotic in the middle, and awesome in the end…because in the end, it shows you a whole new world.” ― Manoj Arora
39. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
40. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” ― Jim Rohn
41. “It’s easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
42. “In life, you can have an excuse, or you can have an obstacle that is an opportunity to learn and grow.” ― Dean Graziosi
43. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” ― Madonna
44. “Our tragedy is a general and universal physical fear so long sustained by now that we can even bear it… the basest of all things is to be afraid.” ― William Faulkner
45. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger” ― Serena Williams
46. “We have to be honest about what we want and take risks rather than lie to ourselves and make excuses to stay in our comfort zone.” ― Ray Bennett
47. “As you move outside of your comfort zone, what was once the unknown and frightening becomes your new normal.” ― Robin S. Sharma
48. “You can have many great ideas in your head, but what makes the difference is the action. Without action upon an idea, there will be no manifestation, no results, and no reward” ― Don Miguel Ruiz
49. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea.” ― C. JoyBell C.
50. “Great people do things before they’re ready.” ― Amy Poehler
Self-Improvement Isn’t as Glamorous as it Looks on Social Media
Let’s be real: Self-improvement isn’t always glamorous. Personal development entails a ton of hard work and soul searching. But in the end, all of that effort results in a better version of your former self. And you can kick back and relax knowing that the new-and-improved you is a result of your own making. If you ever start to lose steam, remember these self-improvement quotes to stay motivated.
What’s your favorite self-improvement quote? Text Dean at 480-400-9019 and let him know you found it on the blog! Your text will go straight to his personal cell (we promise!).