Success, happiness, resilience — do you know what these things all have in common? They start with self-confidence! Confidence is linked to almost every element in a happy and fulfilling life. Self-confidence is a part of the ‘secret recipe’ that all successful people share.
However, remaining confident is a lot easier said than done. With constant pressure from social media to look a certain way or own certain things, you can begin to doubt your worth. And if you’re currently facing an uphill battle in your personal or professional life, it can be easy to let your self-confidence fall to the wayside.
Fortunately, confidence is like a muscle: You never truly lose it. When it gets weak, you just have to build it back up again. Today, we’re sharing exactly what self-confidence is, why it’s important and how you can improve it. Plus, we’re here to inspire you with the best quotes about self-confidence.
Let’s get started!
What is Self-Confidence and Why is it Important?
Self-confidence is how you view your own self-worth. When you’re self-confident, you trust that your qualities, beliefs and abilities give you value. It means you have a positive attitude about yourself, and you accept yourself as you are. When you have self-confidence, you acknowledge both your strengths and your weaknesses, but you never let your weaknesses dull your opinion of yourself.
Both in life and business, self-confidence is essential. Your confidence sets the tone for how much you feel you deserve. When you lack confidence, you feel like you’re not worthy of success or like you’re not good enough to be where you are. This can impact your overall self-esteem, causing you to be less likely to explore your full potential. Not to mention, it can cause others to view you as weak. Or to think that you can’t be trusted to tackle a job on your own.
But when you’re self-confident, you’re motivated to keep striving towards your goals and aspirations. You believe you can do whatever you put your mind to, so you go out there and do it. This is why confidence is also linked to positivity — the better you feel about yourself, the more positive and optimistic you feel about life. And when you feel more positive and optimistic about life, the law of attraction says that you’ll attract more positive things.
How Can You Achieve a Higher Self-Confidence?
Several factors influence your self-confidence, including your upbringing, home environment and work environment. But to be successful, you can’t let anyone but yourself determine your self-confidence. If you want to achieve a higher level of self-confidence, it’s crucial to remember that the only opinion of you that matters is your own. You are the only one who lives with your internal perception of yourself, so why make it negative?
To build your self-confidence, focus on all of the things that you love about yourself. Consider your qualities that set you apart from everyone else. Think about your greatest accomplishments or your skillset. Or, think about your personality traits — like your sense of humor or empathy — that make you, uniquely you. To improve your self-confidence, simply learn to be nicer to yourself. Remember that everyone has insecurities or weaknesses in life. The trick is to not let those tiny details determine your entire worth.
100 Confidence Quotes You’ll Love
Your self-confidence is your most powerful muscle. Even if your confidence muscle isn’t at its strongest right now, you can still grow your self-esteem with a bit of effort. And spoiler alert: Amazing things can happen when you believe in yourself and retrain that confidence muscle. Check out these inspirational quotes about confidence to start building your self-confidence muscle!
25 Self-Confidence Quotes to Boost Your Mood
Positivity is an important key to achieving self-confidence. If you need to boost your mood, take a look at these self-confidence quotes to infuse some positivity into your life.
1. “When life gets stressful, we focus often on what we’ve failed at. We tend to forget all the things that we’ve done really well. Take the time and reflect: You are not only cool, you have already achieved so much more than you give yourself credit for.” ― Dean Graziosi
2. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” ― Oprah Winfrey
3. “Think about all of the beauty still left around you and be happy.” ― Anne Frank
4. “Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” ― Michelle Obama
5. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions. Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.” ― Tina Fey
6. “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.” ― Woody Allen
7. “Do not set aside your happiness. Do not wait to be happy in the future. The best time to be happy is right now.” ― Roy T. Bennett
8. “Being happy never goes out of style.” ― Lilly Pulitzer
9. “You can choose to think in ways that will support you in your happiness and success instead of ways that don’t.” ― T. Harv Eker
10. “To anyone that ever told you you’re no good… They’re no better.” ― Hayley Williams
11. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” ― Melissa Etheridge
12. “Face it: Have you done anything amazing in your life when your confidence was in the toilet? No, with this state of mind, problems compound, opportunities are missed and regrets are formed. On the other hand, when you had a day or a moment of high energy, confidence, or were in a great, positive mood, I bet you can think of incredible things you were able to accomplish, even if only for a brief time.” ― Dean Graziosi
13. “Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” ― Lucille Ball
14. “Power is not given to you. You have to take it.” ― Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
15. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” ― Maya Angelou
16. “No matter where you are in your journey, that’s exactly where you need to be. The next road is always ahead.” ― Oprah Winfrey
17. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” ― Harvey Fierstein
18. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” ― Brené Brown
19. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” ― Katharine Hepburn
20. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” ― Helen Keller
21. “Always avoid thoughts that come from a scarcity mindset, that try to convince you there is not enough: Not enough money, not enough time, not enough jobs, not enough friends. Whenever you notice yourself falling into a scarcity mindset, try to do a 180-degree turn and change it to an abundance mindset.” ― Dean Graziosi
22. “Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.” ― Brian Weiss
23. “I say, dress to please yourself. Listen to your inner muse and take a chance. Wear something that says ‘Here I am!’ today.” ― Iris Apfel
24. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” ― Ayn Rand
25 Motivational Quotes to Improve Your Self-Esteem
Your self-confidence and your self-esteem go hand-in-hand, since both refer to how you value yourself. Treat yourself like the treasure you are with these motivational quotes to improve your self-esteem.
26. “Remind yourself that it’s okay not to be perfect.” ― Dean Graziosi
27. “Always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ― Christopher Robin, A. A. Milne
28. “Get more confidence by doing things that excite and frighten you.” ― Jessica Williams
29. “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage and confidence in the doing.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
30. “If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.” ― Katy Perry
31. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ― Amelia Earhart
32. “When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.” ― Joe Namath
33. “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.” Marcus Garvey
34. “Confidence builds and doubt dies when your heart is aligned with your actions.” ― Dean Graziosi
35. “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.” ― Arthur Ashe
36. “Confidence is the willingness to be as ridiculous, luminous, intelligent, and kind as you really are, without embarrassment.” ― Susan Piver
37. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.” ― Peter T. McIntyre
38. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” ― Vincent Van Gogh
39. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” ― Coco Chanel
40. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” ― Dale Carnegie
41. “With the realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.” ― Dalai Lama
42. “When you start living the life of your dreams, there will always be obstacles, doubters, mistakes and setbacks along the way. But with hard work, perseverance and self-belief there is no limit to what you can achieve.” ― Roy T. Bennett
43. “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” ― Mark Twain
44. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are right.” ― Henry Ford
45. “Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.” ― Vince Lombardi
46. “Spend time working on things that can allow you to build your confidence, instead of something that strips it away.” ― Dean Graziosi
47. “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” ― May Sarton
48. “Skill and confidence are an unconquered army.” ― George Herbert
49. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
50. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ― Alice Walker
25 Self-Love Quotes to Fall in Love with ‘You’ Again
It’s a beautiful thing to love who you are, flaws and all! Take the time to fall back in love with ‘you’ again with these self-love quotes.
51. “Believe in yourself and you’ll be unstoppable.” ― Dean Graziosi
52. “Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” ― Byron Katie
53. “Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.” ― Richard Kline
54. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
55. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” ― Lao Tzu
56. “The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” ― Blake Lively
57. “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” ― E.E. Cummings
58. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” ― Bruce Lee
59. “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.” ― Michael Jordan
60. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” ― Golda Meir
61. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” ― Marie Curie
62. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” ― Shannon L. Alder
63. “When your self-worth goes up, your net worth goes up with it.” ― Mark Victor Hansen
64. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
65. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” ― Coco Chanel
66. “But don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth…” ― Rumi
67. “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” ― Zig Ziglar
68. “You, yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe deserves your love and affection.” ― The Buddha
69. “I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” ― Muhammad Ali
70. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” ― Lucille Ball
71. “Don’t take anything for granted. If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will. Have a little more confidence.” ― Cathy Moriarty
72. “It takes a lot for you to find your confidence, but you shouldn’t let someone else be the person to find it for you.” ― Justine Skye
73. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” ― Madeleine Albright
74. “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” ― Brené Brown
75. “What if the outside world, and even your inner-self voice of doubt, has been lying to you since day one? What if everything you thought was a disadvantage, was actually an advantage? What if the things you thought were holding you back were actually superpowers ― if only you saw them that way?” ― Dean Graziosi
25 Confident Sayings to Repeat to Yourself Each Day
Are you looking for simple ways to rev up your self-confidence? Try affirmations! Affirmations for confidence are short phrases you repeat to yourself each day to focus on the positive and increase your feelings of self-worth.
76. I am confident. I believe in myself and my abilities.
77. I will never be afraid to stand up for myself.
78. I am worth it.
79. I don’t need a prize. I am the prize.
80. I will never doubt my value.
81. My inner self is worth more than my material possessions.
82. I am not defined by my mistakes.
83. I light up every room I enter.
84. I attract positivity.
85. Confidence is my superpower.
86. I am effortlessly confident.
87. I will always be my own biggest fan.
88. Everything I need to succeed is already available to me.
89. Being confident comes naturally to me.
90. I am smart. I am kind. I am worth it.
91. My happiness is mine to own and enjoy.
92. I am indestructible.
93. No matter the obstacles I face, I will persevere.
94. I believe in my ability and am confident in my skill.
95. I see fear as the fuel for my success.
96. I am the author of my story. No one else will tell my tale.
97. I inhale confidence and exhale doubt.
98. My confidence will open countless doors for me.
99. I am powerful.
100. I will never shrink myself to fit in. They will make room for me.
Self-Confidence is a Beautiful Thing, Embrace It!
Did these self-confidence quotes inspire you to retrain your confidence muscle? If so, write down your favorite confidence quote or affirmation. Put it somewhere you’ll see it often, like on your mirror, or repeat a confidence affirmation as a mantra to yourself each day. When you repeat these sayings often — and believe in them 100% — you can bulk your confidence muscle in no time.
Before long, you’ll retrain your self-confidence muscle and be able to truly explore your full potential. And once you reclaim your confidence, who knows what new adventures will await? Take back your power by embracing your self-confidence today!
Do you have a favorite confidence quote you didn’t see today on the blog? We’d love to hear it!
Send it straight to Dean’s personal cell phone by texting 480-400-9019 today!