When we were young, we lined our bookshelves with fairy tales, mythical adventures and space odysseys. But as we got older and learned more about the world around us, it became harder to believe in the impossible.
Before long, we replaced our dreams of being a princess and fighting supervillains with other types of dreams—like having a career we enjoy and financial stability. Over time, we traded our ideas about living in a magical kingdom for thoughts of a success-filled future with the people we love.
Now we daydream about landing our dream job, making our first $1,000,000 and improving our self-awareness. We fantasize about making an impact and leaving a legacy. So, why is it so much of a stretch to say we believe in the impossible?
Every dream seems impossible at first. But the only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible. When you feel like giving up, it’s your belief in yourself and your abilities that keeps you going—even when all the odds are stacked against you.
With the right mindset, hard work and determination can truly make the impossible possible.
Nothing is Impossible if You Have the Right Mindset
Your mindset is your general attitude and way of thinking. It influences how you approach tasks, like problem-solving and goal-setting. It also shapes how you view yourself and those around you. Your mindset controls whether your thoughts and behaviors are positive or negative. Both in life and in business, your mindset can make or break your success. That’s why it’s so necessary to have the right kind of mindset.
There are two main types of mindsets:
- A fixed mindset
- A growth mindset
A fixed mindset is limiting. With a fixed mindset, you feel like you’re good at some things and bad at other things, and you take that feeling as fact. You don’t believe you can grow or learn new skills. With a fixed mindset, you shy away from challenges because you fear they’ll only highlight the things you’re not so good at. You also tend to compare yourself to less-skilled peers to feel better about yourself.
On the other hand, a growth mindset is an attitude of improvement. With a growth mindset, you believe that anything is possible if you work hard and remain humble. You know that you can learn any skill and accomplish any goal if you truly put your mind to it. You don’t judge yourself on your weaker skills, and instead, you welcome feedback on how to improve. You enjoy a good challenge and look at each day as an opportunity to grow.
Can you see why a growth mindset beats out a fixed mindset any day? A fixed mindset says growth is impossible. A growth mindset says nothing is impossible if you believe in yourself and your own abilities.
How to Believe in Impossible Things (Even as a Skeptic)
When you find yourself struggling to believe in impossible things, think of it this way: There was a point where everything you have now seemed impossible to achieve. Graduating school, getting your first job, buying your own car—that all seemed downright CRAZY at one point, right?
Well, now you’re here! You accomplished seemingly impossible things before. As you progress in your personal and professional life, it’s essential you continue to believe in the impossible. Otherwise, you count yourself out before you even try.
Whether you’re working on your personal development skills or starting a new business, consider these tips for believing in the impossible… even as a skeptic.
Adopt a Growth Mindset
People have different mindsets in both life and business. That’s why some people believe nothing is possible while others believe anything is possible. This is why it’s so important to adopt a growth mindset. A growth mindset encourages positive self-talk and gives you the confidence to try new activities, learn new skills and network with new people.
Most importantly, a growth mindset makes it so that you can live without regrets. You won’t have to worry about the risks you didn’t take—because you took the leap when you had the chance. To believe anything is possible, you need to flip your mindset switch to “growth.”
Practice Positive Affirmations
A growth mindset encourages positive actions and high self-esteem, but it can’t always silence those negative thoughts that tell you your task is impossible. So, support your positive thoughts with positive affirmations. Affirmations are like short mantras you can write in your journal, chant aloud or even print on your favorite coffee mug. Some affirmations to help you believe that anything is possible are, “Everything I touch turns to gold,” and, “If I fail, I will fail forward.”
When you believe in your affirmations 100%, you can begin to silence the negative thoughts that say your dreams are impossible. You can override those limiting beliefs in the back of your head and replace them with ideas of growth and success. When you combine this mindset with hard work, you can’t be stopped.
Let the Law of Attraction Work with You
Are you familiar with the law of attraction? It states that what you put out into the world is what you get back. So, when you put negativity into the world, you receive negative outcomes. Kind of like the saying, “Misery loves company.” When you’re miserable, you attract miserable results. But on the flipside, when you put positivity into the world, you begin to see positive results.
When you pair positive affirmations with hard work, the law of attraction continues to send positive opportunities for growth your way. And when you continue to practice positivity, either with confidence-boosting affirmations or even gratitude journaling, the things around you become more positive as well. Before long, you make the impossible possible.
50 Quotes to Inspire You to Believe the Impossible
When you open your mind to a growth mindset, practice positive affirmations and let the law of attraction work with you, there’s no such thing as impossible. However, it’s still going to take quite a bit of elbow grease before you can make true headway on your goals.
Consider these 50 inspirational quotes about believing in the impossible to remain motivated as you work towards the finish line.
Aspire to Achieve the Impossible Quotes
1. “In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.” — Miguel de Cervantes
2. “Anything is possible when you have a path, a plan and a desire to take action.” — Dean Graziosi
3. “We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible.” — François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
4. “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” — Walt Disney
5. “The only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.” — Michelle Obama
6. “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” — Robert Schuller
7. “Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars, but remember to keep your feet on the ground.” — Theodore Roosevelt
8. “Don’t ever let someone take your head out of the clouds. Dream big and dream passionately.” — Dean Graziosi
9. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” — Albert Einstein
10. “To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought.” — Tom Robbins
11. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.” — William Jennings Bryan
12. “Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir
13. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
14. “As big or small as the circumstance is, when you can accept that it simply ‘happened’ and start looking forward to how you can create the best outcome possible, this is when everything changes. This is when you allow your hero to shine.” ― Dean Graziosi
15. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” — Francis of Assisi
16. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” — Tommy Lasorda
17. “Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” — Michael Jordan
18. “Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” — Sylvester Stallone, from Rocky Balboa
19. “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. Whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” — Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
20. “By shifting certain habits in your life, you will allow abundance and prosperity to flow to you in ways that might seem impossible at this moment.” — Dean Graziosi
Nothing is Impossible if You Believe Quotes
21. “Sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” — Lewis Carroll, from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
22. “So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” — Christopher Reeve
23. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” — Nelson Mandela
24. “Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.” — Marcus Aurelius
25. “Ultimately, I believe that the idea behind the American Dream is the underdog story, where anyone, no matter how poor or weak or disadvantaged or where they live, can use what they do have to achieve victory.” — Dean Graziosi
26. “Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.” — Jack Ma
27. “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” — Elon Musk
28. “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.” — Oprah Winfrey
29. “The question I ask myself like almost every day is, ‘Am I doing the most important thing I could be doing?’” — Mark Zuckerberg
30. “People who say, ‘It is impossible,’ should not interrupt those who are trying to make it possible.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
31. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
32. “Successful people have fear, successful people have doubts, and successful people have worries. They just don’t let these feelings stop them.” — T. Harv Eker
33. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” — Helen Keller
34. “However far modern science and techniques have fallen short of their inherent possibilities, they have taught mankind at least one lesson: Nothing is impossible.” — Lewis Mumford
35. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it.” — Aimee Lehto Shcewe for Muhammad Ali
Quotes About Reaching Impossible Heights
36. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” — Paulo Coelho
37. “You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you have to overcome to reach your goals.” — Booker T. Washington
38. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” — Tony Robbins
39. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Rob Siltanen for Apple
40. “Nothing great was ever achieved without a personal sacrifice. You have to pay the price to realize your goals.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
41. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” — Barack Obama
42. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
43. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.” — Diana Ross
44. “When a goal matters enough to a person, that person will find a way to accomplish what at first seemed impossible.” — Nido Qubein
45. “That’s all we’re supposed to do in this world and in this life: Reach for our full potential each and every day. You’re not supposed to be me or Bill Gates or Peyton Manning or Oprah or anybody else. You’re simply supposed to be the best possible you.” ― Dean Graziosi
46. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” — Dale Carnegie
47. “Always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — A. A. Milne, from Winnie the Pooh
48. “All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point.” — Eric Thomas
49. “I think that power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” — Robert Downey Jr.
50. “Dream the impossible dream, fight the unbeatable foe, strive with your last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable.” ― Dean Graziosi
Do You Believe the Impossible?
When you first clicked on this blog, you might not have believed in the impossible. But what about now? The impossible happens when you work hard and believe in your abilities—all it takes is a shift in your mindset.
Have we swayed you to believe in the impossible?
Text Dean “I believe!” to 480-400-9019! It goes straight to his personal cell phone (seriously)!